While Tom has had many arrangements commissioned by
top quartets and choruses, he loves working with all groups. If you think you might like
to have an arrangement done especially for you, read on. Says Tom, "Hello, barbershop friend! Tell me
something about your quartet or chorus. For example:
"The more you can tell me, the easier it is to
help you choose a special song that is just right for you." Tom's fee for a typical arrangement is
$400, with medleys and other more involved songs higher, and simple ditties
lower. Copyright clearance for most new arrangements is $60, plus $1 per
copy for choruses. Tom usually handles the copyright paperwork himself
directly with the copyright holder.
- What are your voice ranges, strengths and
- Do you love Dixie songs and hate Irish ones, or vice versa?
- What is your group's personality or image?
- Do your audiences prefer big-city slickness or more home-spun tunes?
- Are you older, younger or a mix?
- Do you like comedy numbers?
- Do you have a good solo voice - or four of them - in your group, or are solos not
- What kinds of songs are you looking for to make your repertoire really sparkle, or
to give you just the right set for contest?
1710 Malasia Road
Akron, OH 44305
Ph: 330 798-7575 (home & business)
Fax: 330 798-7575
Back home to Tom Gentry's Home Page