- AC-CENT-TCHU-ATE THE POSITIVE
brothers and sisters, are you ready to eliminate
the negative? Then just latch on to this lively tune and help spread the
- ACROSS THE ALLEY FROM THE ALAMO
This song is so much fun that it almost even makes sense. Think fondly of
the Mills Brothers when you sing this one.
- BABY SONG MEDLEY sweet, light combination
of "Sing Me a Baby Song" and "Baby"
- BARE NECESSITIES From the animated musical "The Jungle Book," this delightful tune will charm audiences and judges alike. Storm Front sang it until they decided to be unremittingly hilarious.
- BASIN STREET BLUES This classic slow swing
tune puts you right where the action is. No longer exclusive to Saturday Evening Post.
- BLUES IN THE NIGHT On just about everyone's list of top 10 popular songs of all time, this song gets right to the
heart of the downside of love. Do check out this most powerful, and contestable, piece.
- BUTTON UP YOUR OVERCOAT as cute as they
come, this tune is available in both regular and senior-citizens' versions.
- BREAKING UP IS HARD TO DO The lively pop hit by Neil Sedaka can now be sung in contest. Big fun awaits you!
- CALENDAR GIRL Neil Sedaka wrote and sang this most fun tune. Now it available for your group to sing in contest, even!
- CALL ME IRRESPONSIBLE The likes of Frank Sinatra, Dinah Washington and Michael Bublé have sung this pop classic. Would your group like to join their company by singing this light love song?
- COTTON CLUB MEDLEY Picture yourself at THE night club in 1930s Harlem. What might you hear? What would you see? Marvelous and exciting things, that is for sure. This medley is no longer exclusive to the Big Apple Chorus.
- DREAM A LITTLE DREAM OF ME for contest or
show, audiences and performers absolutely love it. The men's version of this arrangement
is published by the BHS.
- FIVE MINUTES MORE Love
needs just a little more sometimes. You are sure to enjoy this gentle
tune. No longer exclusive to Fermata Nowhere, so get it while it's hot!
- GET ME TO THE GIRL MEDLEY An
ultra-cool combination of "Get Me to the Church on Time" and "The Girl
That I Marry," this medley is both hip and loving. No longer exclusive to Alchemy.
- GIRL FROM KODAK TOWN, THE a light song
about a gal from Rochester
- GLORY OF LOVE, THE This song is beyond happy. "Ecstatic" might be a better word, as the both the highs and
lows of glorious love are celebrated.
- GOD BLESS THE CHILD The rock group Blood, Sweat & Tears revived this 1941 Billie Holiday song in 1968. This tempo, bluesy ballad is as moving as they come. And here is a blessing for you: The piece is no longer exclusive to the Big Apple Chorus.
- GONNA GET A GIRL uptune about turning over
a new leaf
- HALLELUJAH I LOVE HER SO Arranged for A Mighty Wind, this Ray Charles song has lots of energy and even more fun.
- HARMONY JOE A happy tune
that just rolls along, this song can be sung in backbeat or downbeat
fashion. The men's version is published by the Society.
- HAVE A NICE DAY very funny for contest or
shows, as sung by Shenanigans
- HONEY BUN/HONEY PIE the old meets the new
in this fun, lively medley.
- HOOEY If you are addicterd to late-night TV, you are all too familiar with the commercials and infomercials. And you probably believe every word you hear about the products advertised, don't you?
- HOW DO YOU LIKE YOUR EGGS IN THE MORNING
A purely delightful tune, "Eggs" tells of folks who don't care, um, egg-zactly
how their breakfast is cooked as long as a kiss and a hug are involved.
- HUCKLEBERRY FINN old-fashioned song about
a carefree lad
- I DON'T KNOW ENOUGH ABOUT YOU/I DON'T KNOW WHY
contestable medley that is both slick and sweet.
- I GET A KICK OUT OF YOU Put a little sophisticated flair into your contest or show package with this classic Cole Porter love song.
- I NEVER MISS THE SUNSHINE (I'M SO USED TO THE RAIN)
thumbing one's nose at bad luck in love
- I'D RATHER BE THE GIRL IN YOUR ARMS (THAN THE GIRL IN YOUR
DREAMS) cute uptune for women, urging man to take action
IF I DIDN'T HAVE YOU From the animated
film "Monsters Inc.," this happy tune was sung as a duet by Billy Crystal
and John Goodman. As a bonus, the arrangement is contestable.
Available most places now and in the UK after 1/1/05.
- I'LL NEVER SAY "NEVER AGAIN" AGAIN
A lively swing number, this tune is a hit for ReMix for the women and
Metropolis for the men. We can't be sure about love, can we?
- I'LL STRING ALONG WITH YOU Want an easy, happy way to profess your love? You won't come to the end of your rope if you sing this easy-beat tune. Exclusive till May of 2011.
- I LOVE MY BABY (MY BABY LOVES ME) Be young and in love again with this swingy, zippy tune. Try something new
- I'M BEGINNING TO LIKE IT This one
is tough to explain. Think of a typical '30s swing tune with modern lyrics
like "hard-rock diet," "in your face" and "MTV
and AMC." Way cool! And it is contestable too.
- IT'S THE GIRL Is it the moonlight
that makes love happen? This jumpin' tune tells you where it's at. No
longer exclusive to Metropolis.
- JONES BOY, THE The whole town's talkin' about the Jones boy. Why? Because he's in love, of course! Have great fun with this Mills Brothers' song.
- LAST NIGHT ON THE BACK PORCH always a fun
- (UP A) LAZY RIVER could be sung in contest
or show, Marquis sang it
- LET'S DO IT AGAIN uptune about the good
old days, as sung by the Grand Tradition
- LULLABY IN RAGTIME A contestable version
of barbershop classic
- MAKIN' WHOOPEE As an old college pal used to say, "You've buttered your bread, now lie in it." After the fun come things that are, well, not necessarily all that enjoyable.
- MAY YOU ALWAYS modernish rhythmic ballad,
suitable for contest, sweet sentiment
- MOON MEDLEY old-time medley contains
"Bright Was the Night," "Moonlight Bay" and "By the Light of the
- MOVING PICTURE HERO OF MY HEART, THE cute
novelty number, for women only
- MY ROMANCE Though usually performed as a ballad, this lovely tune works just fine in a swingy tempo. Guaranteed to bring out the cool cat or kitten in your group.
- ORANGE COLORED SKY this one is way fun;
good opener or closer
- PEG O' MY HEART everyone enjoys this
- PRETTY BABY fun meter parody, as done by
- SEE SAW waltzy tune of childhood pleasures
- SOMEBODY'S DARLIN' ultra-intense Civil War
- STANDING/LEANING MEDLEY A charming mix of "Standing on the Corner" and "Leaning on a Lamp-Post," this medley is about watching all the girls go by or waiting for just that special one.
- SUGARTIME What could be sweeter than singing this McGuire Sisters' piece of confection? Your quartet or chorus will find out you definitely have not bitten off more than you can chew.
- SUNDAY NIGHT IN SYDNEY happy and romantic,
a down-under version of "A Foggy Day in London Town"
- SWINGING ON A STAR Great fun for singers and audiences alike, this lively tune is available in both contest and show versions. It is easily one of Tom's most popular charts. Power Play sang it with much success.
- TAKE ME THERE Written by talented Canadian barbershopper Janet Kidd, this song is about a Southern city that is known for being, well, a certain amount of fun: New Orleans!
- TAKING A CHANCE ON LOVE No one doesn't love this happy, swingy tune. Your contest and show audiences are sure to enjoy hearing you sing it.
- THERE, I'VE SAID IT AGAIN That's right: I love you! And I just cannot hide it. Everyone will enjoy this catchy pop standard.
- TOO MARVELOUS This clever love
song is just too marvelous not to sing--especially since
it is no longer exclusive to State Line Grocery.
- WALTZ ME AROUND AGAIN, WILLY this
old-fashioned uptune is light and lively
- WAY YOU LOOK TONIGHT, THE And now for something completely different. This jazzy version of a song usually heard as a ballad is patterned after Frank Sinatra's interpretation. If you have some swing in your soul, give this one a listen.
- WEDDING OF MR. AND MRS. SWING a Cab
Calloway tune that really swings, this witty song has something for everyone. Exclusive
right now to Sweden's Dalton Bros.
- WHEN A BOY FROM ALABAMA (MEETS A GIRL FROM GUNDAGAI)
a lonesome doughboy on R&R in Australia finds that those initials just might stand for
Romance & Relationship
- WHEN I GROW TOO OLD TO DREAM beautiful
Sigmund Romberg tempo ballad
- WHEREVER THERE'S ME, THERE'S YOU You may not be familiar with this song, but it is way cheerful and appealing. Your group wants to sing this; you just don't know it yet.
- WHERE THE BLUE ON THE NIGHT MEETS THE GOLD OF THE DAY
tempo ballad that really paints a picture
- WHISPERING easy beat, contestable love
song; now available in women's key
WHO'S SORRY NOW? a cool/hot treatment,