- AC-CENT-TCHU-ATE THE POSITIVE
brothers and sisters, are you ready to eliminate
the negative? Then just latch on to this lively tune and help spread the
word! Exclusive to Accent for the time being.
- AMERICAN HYMN, AN This is a soaring,
gorgeous song about the natural beauties of America, as sung by the Vocal Majority.
- ANNIE'S SONG the lovely John Denver song,
good for weddings
- AVE MARIA If you have a lead singer
inclined toward sacred music, this solo is for you.
- BEAUTIFUL SAVIOUR quite inspirational, in
a unique mix of musical styles
- BECAUSE HE LIVES/AMAZING GRACE medley of
- BETTER THAN I Joseph sang this moving song to God in an animated film.
- BUTTERFLY KISSES pop/country hit about a
father and daughter that is sure to go over big at weddings
- CANDLE IN THE WIND Elton John's moving
tribute to Princess Diana, not available till John begins granting permission
- CANDLE ON THE WATER a beautiful song from
the Disney film "Pete's Dragon"
- CHANGE MY HEART, OH GOD A gentle, mellow
piece, this song expresses devotion to God.
- CHRISTMAS DINNER A folky song written by
Paul Stookey (of Peter, Paul & Mary), this piece warms the heart during a cold time of
- CHRISTMAS MEDLEY 15-page production number
done by the Louisville Thoroughbreds.
- CHRISTMAS SHOES, THE A country song with
lots of heart, this seasonal song will have your audiences reaching for their hankies.
Feature your lead on this one.
- CLIMB EV'RY MOUNTAIN Songs do not come any more powerful than this classic. The Musical Island Boys did a bang-up job on it in competition.
- CURTAIN FALLS, THE Hey,
if this heartfelt closer about show biz is good enough for Bobby Darin, it
should be a hit for your group too.
- DOWN BY THE RIVERSIDE High energy is the name of the game with lively number. The BHS publishes the men's version.
- DU GAMLA, DU FRIA Swedish national anthem
- FOR GOOD From the musical "Wicked," this song features a heartfelt, intense dialogue between witches Elphaba and Glinda. If your group has two good soloists with medium to high voices, this is the ticket for you. Also available in one-soloist version.
- GOD BLESS OUR SENIOR CITIZENS great to
honor residents of nursing homes
- GOD BLESS THE CHILD The rock group Blood, Sweat & Tears revived this 1941 Billie Holiday song in 1968. This tempo, bluesy ballad is as moving as they come. And here is a blessing for you: The piece is no longer exclusive to the Big Apple Chorus.
- GOD PUT A RAINBOW This toe-tapping,
old-time gospel number is arranged in an unusual woodshed style.
- GOSPEL HOME MEDLEY These
two songs about your home in the sky go together so well that they even
intertwine at one point. Have a good time letting out some energy with
GREAT LAKES SONG This tribute to the
Great Lakes and their seagoing men is strong and moving.
- GROWN-UP CHRISTMAS LIST Arranged for eight-part mixed voices, this Amy Grant song is a wish list for a better world. So get together with a chorus or quartet of the other gender and move your audiences' hearts with this gem.
HE The powerful message of this tune makes it just right to
stir your audiences emotions.
HOUSE I LIVE IN, THE "What is America
to me?" This song lists many everyday things in heart-warming, inspiring
- I BELIEVE This inspirational classic is a hit on any show. Power Play no longer has exclusive rights to it.
- I DIDN'T RAISE MY BOY TO BE A SOLDIER
powerful anti-war sentiment, as done by San Diego SAI
- I HAVE A LOVE gorgeous tune from
"West Side Story" (solo plus chorus)
- I PLEDGE MY ALLEGIANCE
This country-flavored patriotic number is exclusive to Accent until 8/10.
- I THINK YOU'RE WONDERFUL happy uptune for
kids of all ages
- I WILL SING HALLELUJAH lively spiritual
- IF I CAN DREAM If you are not familiar with this song, do yourself a favor and find a clip of Elvis Presley singing it. This
plaintive plea drives and drives and drives.
- IF I HAD A HAMMER Folk music meets
barbershop in this inspiring piece.
- IF WE EVER NEEDED THE LORD BEFORE
traditional gospel tune, in both barbershop and modern versions, quite lively
- IF YOU BELIEVE uplifting pop love ballad
- IT'S TODAY
From the musical Mame, this happy song urges you to celebrate
the day. Makes a great opener.
- IT IS WELL WITH MY SOUL If you sing in a mixed-barbershop group or church choir, this SATB arrangement is for you. The message is as timeless as it is powerful.
- JAMAICAN NOEL lively Christmas song; each
part gets a solo
JESUS LOVES ME This is a surprisingly complex and powerful take on a children's song.
- JENNY REBECCA a good one, welcoming a new
baby to the world
- JUST A BABY'S PRAYER AT TWILIGHT little
child prays for Daddy off to war
- LET IT BE ME the Everly Brothers heartfelt
- LET ME BE YOUR WINGS wonderful romantic
song by Barry Manilow, from "Thumbellina"
- LET THEM BE LITTLE
A country tune with lots of heart, this plea to allow children to act
their age is a real gem.
- LET THERE BE PEACE ON EARTH show closer
with a great message. The men's version of this arrangement is published by the BHS.
- LIVE LIKE AN ANGEL written by
barbershopper Stewart Girlock, this gospel song is of professional quality
- LORD'S PRAYER This beautiful piece is a rearrangement for SATB of the Society-published chart done by Joe Liles and Tom. It is fine for both mixed-barbershop and church groups.
- LOST IN THE STARS possibly contestable
version, powerful song
- MACOMB CHRISTMAS MEDLEY
Not many arrangements are listed in both Inspirational and Comedy, but
this medley is one big happy mix. Your holiday audiences are sure to enjoy
- MARKS MEDLEY seasonal: "Have a Holly
Jolly Christmas" and "Silver & Gold"
- MARY, DID YOU KNOW A powerful, reverent
song, this piece is a hit at Christmas or any other time of year. Available in male,
female and mixed voices.
- MARY IN THE MORNING pretty, rhythmic pop
- MAY YOU ALWAYS modernish rhythmic ballad,
suitable for contest, sweet sentiment
- MERRY CHRISTMAS, DARLING The
Carpenters' moving hit is available in various versions: women's, men's, mixed and as a
solo plus four parts for a chorus specialty number.
- MISS CELIE'S BLUES (SISTER) sisterhood
song for women, from film "The Color Purple"
- MY LIFE FLOWS ON (HOW CAN I KEEP FROM SINGING) This beautiful hymn speaks of joy in the face of suffering. The lyrics are just as strong as those of "It Is Well with My Soul," which is saying something.
- MY LITTLE GIRL Tim McGraw sang and co-wrote this beautiful song. Guaranteed to melt any parent's heart, this piece is exclusive to Melodies and Memories until 9/10.
- NATIONAL ANTHEM OF BARBADOS um, rather
- O, AMERICA Celtic Woman popularized this moving tribute to the spirit of the USA. Even singers and audiences from other lands will be touched by this powerful piece. Exclusive through 2011.
- OH! MY LOVE IS LIKE A RED, RED ROSE uses
the old melody and Robert Burns's classic lyrics
- ONE TIN SOLDIER stirring song of peace
from the film "Billy Jack"
- ONES LEFT
STANDING This powerful song sounds as though it were written
for 9/11. Though it appeared about a year earlier,
the amazing sentiments make it a great song for any group's
- OPERATOR moves right along, Manhattan
Transfer made the song famous
- PLACE IN THE CHOIR, A Celtic Thunder sings this happy, lively, energetic, creative, wonderful, fantastic song. You owe it to yourself to check it out for your quartet or chorus. You just do!
- POKARE KARE ANA gem of a Maori love song,
as sung by The Ritz
- PRECIOUS FRIENDS Folk legend Pete Seeger penned this uplifting song. Use this piece to honor a friend(s) or
simply to inpire your audiences. Arranged for chorus and soloist.
- ROCK OF AGES LET OUR SONG stirring Jewish
- RUN FOR THE ROSES the thought-provoking
Dan Fogelberg song
- SHALL WE GATHER AT THE RIVER You don't have to be a Baptist to sing this song, which somehow manages to be both lively and majestic.
- SHE BELIEVES IN ME uplifting pop/country
- SING IT A CAPPELLA doo-wop gospel a la
Glad, really fits us barbershoppers
- SING LULLABY
What a sweet Christmas tune this is. Your group will enjoy singing a
lullaby to the baby Jesus.
- SMELL THE FLOWERS country hit telling us
to enjoy life right now
- SMILE As sung by The New Tradition and many other groups, this piece is really powerful. You could close your shows with it or sing it in just about any other position. Some consider "Smile" to be Tom's all-time best arrangement.
- SO MANY VOICES SING AMERICA'S SONG It is just about impossible to go wrong with this beautiful tribute to the USA.
- SOMETHING INSIDE SO STRONG Arranged to help the Dutch Association of Barbershop Singers (DABS) celebrate its 20th anniversary, this song is indeed as strong as it gets. It has been used for protest and inspiration by a wide variety of oppressed groups, though anyone can relate to its powerful message.
SOUND CELEBRATION Tom wrote and
arranged this energetic song honoring music and other sounds of life
around us. The men's version of this arrangement is published by the BHS.
There is now an SATB version for YMIH/YWIH singers.
TELL MY FATHER From the musical "Civil
War," this song of a dying young soldier is truly astonishing. No longer
exclusive to Power Play.
- THANK YOU FOR THE MUSIC What could be more
inspiring than singing about our music? Exclusive right now to a top chorus who is
receiving it as a surprise gift from a member.
- THANK YOU, WORLD a great Statler Brothers'
tune honoring music
- THEME FROM ICE CASTLES also called
"Through the Eyes of Love," very pretty
- THIS TRAIN/WHEN THE SAINTS GO MARCHING
A stirring medley about moving on to the Promised Land, this piece
is performed by the Great Northern Union. Also requires two quartets.
- THRONE OF GRACE Written by barbershopper
Gary Scalise, this song expresses religious humility.
- TO WHERE YOU
ARE Exclusive to Power Play right now, this powerful love sung
has been recorded by Josh Groban. Haven't heard
of this young man with the mature voice? You will!
- TWINKLE, TWINKLE, LITTLE STAR Yes, really. This chart is actually fairly fancy, with various styles of harmonization being used. A couple of extra verses have been added to honor ill children, so this song is just right for certain occasions.
- VIRGIN MARY
(HAD A BABY BOY) Lots of rhythmic interest in this Christmas
tune. It somehow manages to be both calm and
lively at the same time.
- WEDDING SONG great for weddings, naturally
- WHEN I GROW TOO OLD TO DREAM beautiful
Sigmund Romberg tempo ballad
- WHEN I SING jazzy, fun, a natural for
- WHEN THE RIVER MEETS THE SEA
beautiful song this is. A metaphor for the afterlife, the piece can be a
great comfort at a funeral--other times as well.
- WHEN THERE'S LOVE AT HOME A beautiful,
heartfelt song, this is a pure joy to sing and listen to. Power Play sings it.
- WIEGENLIED Brahms lullaby, in German
- WIND BENEATH MY WINGS, THE inspirational
Bette Midler hit about the man behind the woman, or vice versa
- WITH TWO WINGS marvelously energetic
8-parter about men and women working together, as sung by Friends
WOULD JESUS WEAR A ROLEX TV
evangelists are pointedly spotlighted in this delightful tune. Exclusive
to Buckeye Blend right now.
- YES, STILL THE STARRY BANNER WAVES This
moving ode to the flag is a sure winner nowadays.
- YOU MUST COME IN AT THE BOTTOM
The Good Lord called on this man to become a bass singer. Though the fellow lacked faith, God's will -- and sense of humor -- prevailed.
- YOU'VE GOT A FRIEND What's not to like about this Carole King classic? Great for honoring a special person or
delighting all of your audiences.
- 50,000 NAMES The number is a reference to the names on the Vietnam Memorial wall. The Brothers in Harmony took the place by storm when they placed high with this song and "Goodnight, Saigon" in international.