- AMERICA THE BEAUTIFUL a classic patriotic
- ANOTHER OP'NIN', ANOTHER SHOW good show
opener, Broadway standard
- AS LONG AS I'M SINGING Bobby Darin made this cheery song popular. This tune is just right for opening your shows with.
- BEETHOVEN'S FIFTH SYMPHONY mix of
classical music and fun lyrics, a real kick
- BROADWAY ON OPENING NIGHT this uptune
moves right along, great for Broadway show theme
- BYE BYE LOVE one of the Everly Brothers'
- CANDLE IN THE WIND Elton John's moving
tribute to Princess Diana, not available till John begins granting permission.
- CONSIDER YOURSELF From
the musical "Oliver," this happy and lively tune can be sung in contest.
No longer exclusive to Power Play.
- CURTAIN FALLS, THE Hey,
if this heartfelt closer about show biz is good enough for Bobby Darin, it
should be a hit for your group too. The arrangement is exclusive to 12th
Street Rag right now, but keep it in mind for the future.
- DO YOU REMEMBER THESE? the Statler
Brothers tune reviving all sorts of '50s nostalgia
- ENTERTAINER, THE good show opener, theme
song of movie "The Sting"
- EVERYTHING'S COMING UP ROSES Broadway-type
- GET ME TO THE GIRL MEDLEY An
ultra-cool combination of "Get Me to the Church on Time" and "The Girl
That I Marry," this medley is both hip and loving. Exclusive right now to
- GOODBYE MEDLEY enormously funny and
interesting, contestable too
- HAPPY TRAILS for Western shows, the Roy
Rogers & Dale Evans song
HEY, LOOK ME OVER Lasting just a
minute, with appropriate lyrics and a big tag, this tune is just right for
- HEY, LOOK ME OVER/IF MY FRIENDS COULD SEE ME NOW!
contestable medley of energetic '60s Broadway tunes
- IT'S TODAY
From the musical Mame, this happy song urges you to celebrate
the day. Makes a great opener.
- LET THERE BE PEACE ON EARTH show closer
with a great message
- LET'S DO IT AGAIN uptune about the good
old days, as sung by the Grand Tradition
- MAY YOU ALWAYS modernish rhythmic ballad,
suitable for contest, sweet sentiment
- NOW IS THE HOUR moving and contestable,
with new verse by David Leeder
- ORANGE COLORED SKY this one is way fun;
good opener or closer
- ROCK AND ROCK MEDLEY No, that is not a misprint. This snappy opener is a combo of "Rock around the Clock"
and "Rock and Roll Is Here to Stay."
- SMELL THE FLOWERS country hit telling us
to enjoy life right now
- SMILE As sung by The New Tradition and many other groups, this piece is really powerful. You could close your shows with it or sing it in just about any other position. Some consider "Smile" to be Tom's all-time best arrangement.
THANKS FOR THE MEMORY Bob Hope's
theme song is just the thing to close your show with. Many of the lyrics
have been changed to provide barbershop references.
- THANK YOU FOR THE MUSIC What could be more
inspiring than singing about our music? Exclusive right now to a top chorus who is
receiving it as a surprise gift from a member.
- THANK YOU VERY MUCH
Looking for a short song to close your shows with? How does one minute of
happy thanks sound? Lots of fun and energy in this piece.
- THANK YOU, WORLD a great Statler Brothers'
tune honoring music
- THAT'S ENTERTAINMENT good show opener in
the Broadway tradition
- WHAT WOULD I DO WITHOUT MY MUSIC
powerfully fitting show song, sung by numerous SAI choruses
- WHEN I SING jazzy, fun, a natural for
- WIND BENEATH MY WINGS, THE inspirational
Bette Midler hit about the man behind the woman, or vice versa
- WITH TWO WINGS marvelously energetic
8-parter about men and women working together, as sung by Friends