- ALL ALONE! (VON TILZER) cute come-hither
uptune, fine for women and men too
- ALL I HAVE TO DO IS DREAM Everly Brothers
hit, fancier than my Harmony Explosion arrangement
- ALL THE WAY
this wonderfully intense ballad is suitable for
contest. Exclusive to Flipside right now.
- ANNIE'S SONG the lovely John Denver song,
good for weddings
- ANNIVERSARY SONG yes, this song starts
with the famous line "Oh, how we danced on the night we were wed." It is just
the right tune for this occasion.
- BECAUSE YOU LOVED ME lovely pop song by
Celine Dion, in the mold of "The Wind Beneath My Wings"
- BEST THINGS HAPPEN WHILE YOU'RE DANCING, THE What are these wonderful things that happen on the dance floor? Your can probably guess, and your audiences will love hearing about them.
Ladies, do you love your man for, well, no certain reason, but you love
him just the same?
tells your story.
- BREAKING UP IS HARD TO DO the livley pop
hit by Neil Sedaka
- BYE BYE LOVE one of the Everly Brothers'
- CALL ME IRRESPONSIBLE The likes of Frank Sinatra, Dinah Washington and Michael Bublé have sung this pop classic. Would your group like to join their company by singing this light love song?
- CANDLE ON THE WATER a beautiful song from
the Disney film "Pete's Dragon"
- CAN'T BUY ME LOVE This classic from the Fab Four is not only lively and wise, it is contestable too (though perhaps not for SAI). But whether for contest or show, this song is a sure winner! "Everybody tells me so." And Tim Waurick's tracks for women are purely great!
- CAN'T HELP FALLING IN LOVE the King sang
this pop classic
- COME RAIN OR COME SHINE Ella Fitzgerald
made this one famous, good for weddings
This Roy Orbison song is a popular classic, of course. Very few barbershop groups have a lead(s) who can handle
the rangy melody, so the lead, tenor and bass take turns with it. (Sorry about that, baris.)
- DEVOTED TO YOU It doesn't get any
better than the Everly Brothers singing about true love.
- DREAM A LITTLE DREAM OF ME for contest or
show, audiences and performers absolutely love it
- FIRST TIME EVER I SAW YOUR FACE, THE
really lovely Roberta Flack song
- FOR ONCE IN MY LIFE Stevie Wonder in barbershop? Absolutely! Indeed, this pop classic could even be made contestable with just a few changes.
- FOREVER AND A DAY Barry Manilow co-composed and performs this ballad, a powerful declaration of love. Would fit some weddings just fine. The chart is exclusive for the time being.
- GET ME TO THE GIRL MEDLEY An
ultra-cool combination of "Get Me to the Church on Time" and "The Girl
That I Marry," this medley is both hip and loving. Exclusive right now to
- GLORY OF LOVE, THE This song is beyond happy. "Ecstatic" might be a better word, as the both the highs and
lows of glorious love are celebrated.
- HAPPY Diana Ross sang this tender song of
the happiness love brings
- HAWAIIAN WEDDING SONG great for weddings,
of course, this tenor solo also adds a special touch to any show
- HELLO, MARY LOU lively Ricky Nelson song
- HELLO, YOUNG LOVERS a classic song for
older singers, from "The King and I"
- HERE'S TO MY LADY classy easy-beat, very
- I CAN'T
GIVE YOU ANYTHING BUT LOVE/CUDDLE UP A LITTLE CLOSER A fresh,
new take on both of these tunes, this medley is both energetic and loving.
- I DON'T KNOW ENOUGH ABOUT YOU/I DON'T KNOW WHY
contestable medley that is both slick and sweet.
- I HAVE A LOVE gorgeous tune from
"West Side Story" (solo plus chorus)
- I ONLY HAVE EYES FOR YOU maintains the
shimmering feel of classic rock 'n' roll song
- I ONLY WANT TO BE WITH YOU
Popularized by Dusty Springfield in the '60s, this happy love song was
arranged for all the LABBS ladies.
- I TOLD THEM ALL ABOUT YOU
"Whippoorwill" song with correct melody
- I'D RATHER BE THE GIRL IN YOUR ARMS (THAN THE GIRL IN YOUR
DREAMS) cute uptune for women, urging man to take action
- IF the tender pop hit by Bread
- IF YOU BELIEVE uplifting pop love ballad
about having faith in yourself and others
- I'LL NEVER SAY
"NEVER AGAIN" AGAIN A lively swing number, this tune is a hit
for ReMix for the women and Metropolis for the
men. We can't be sure about love, can we?
- I'LL STRING ALONG WITH YOU Want an easy, happy way to profess your love? You won't come to the end of your rope if you sing this easy-beat tune. Exclusive till May of 2011.
- I LOVE MY BABY (MY BABY LOVES ME)
Be young and in love again with this swingy, zippy tune. Try something new
- IN MY LIFE lovely Beatles tune
- IN THE SHADE OF THE OLD APPLE TREE
different verses set up happy and sad versions
- IN THE STILL OF THE NIGHT the Boyz II Men
redo of the classic pop hit
- ISLAND OF DREAMS the '60s group the
Seekers ("I'll Never Find Another You," "Georgy Girl") sang this
captivating song; it is arranged for eight-part mixed voices
- IT'S MAGIC Metropolis hams this tune up, but it can be sung straight just fine. Profess your love with this soaring song.
- IT'S THE GIRL
Is it the moonlight that makes love happen? This jumpin' tune tells you
where it's at. Exclusive to Metropolis for the
- JONES BOY, THE The whole town's talkin' about the Jones boy. Why? Because he's in love, of course! Have great fun with this Mills Brothers' song.
- KILLING ME SOFTLY WITH HIS SONG the
powerful Grammy Award winner
by Roberta Flack
- LAST NIGHT ON THE BACK PORCH always a fun
- LET IT BE ME the Everly Brothers heartfelt
- LET ME BE YOUR WINGS wonderful romantic
song by Barry Manilow, from "Thumbellina"
- LITTLE PAL touching song from a wayward
father to his son
- LONGEST TIME, THE the Billy Joel pop hit,
lots of energy; will be available when publisher lifts restriction
- LOVE'S OLD SWEET SONG this classic ballad
creates a vivid mood of love
- LOVE CHANGES EVERYTHING If you are not familiar with this Andrew Lloyd Webber song, you owe it to yourself to find it, whether this arrangement or in some other form. It is purely gorgeous.
- MANDY LEE sweet classic love ballad
- MARGIE everyone likes this popular
- MARY IN THE MORNING pretty, rhythmic pop
- MARY, YOU'RE A LITTLE BIT OLD FASHIONED classic
- MAY YOU ALWAYS modernish rhythmic ballad,
suitable for contest, sweet sentiment
- MEET ME TONIGHT IN DREAMLAND classic
ballad everyone knows
- MERRY CHRISTMAS, DARLING the Carpenters'
moving hit (solo plus 4 parts). Now available in four parts for both men and women.
- MEXICALI ROSE
This C&W classic harmonizes great for barbershop and has multi-cultural
appeal. Spanish translation of the chorus is included. Though the song
is just a chorus right now, it could easily be made into a full-length
- MORE From the movie "Mondo Cane,"
this popular classic is great for shows and weddings.
- MOVING PICTURE HERO OF MY HEART, THE cute
novelty number, for women only
- MUSIC MAN BALLAD MEDLEY Check out this lovely mix of "Sincere," "It's You" and "Lida Rose" from the classic musical.
- MY FOOLISH HEART
Here is a wonderful contest ballad about falling in love despite having been burned many times in the past. Power Play sang this hopeful tune most beautifully.
- MY PRAYER This arrangement of the
beautiful #1 hit for the Platters (1956) debuted at a barbershopper's wedding.
- MY ROMANCE Though usually performed as a ballad, this lovely tune works just fine in a swingy tempo. Guaranteed to bring out the cool cat or kitten in your group.
- MY ROMANCE/IT'S YOU a truly gorgeous
contest ballad medley
- MY SALLY mother love ballad
- MY WILD IRISH ROSE no one doesn't like
this classic ballad
- NANCY LEE old-fashioned song about a
- NIGHTINGALE SANG IN BERKELEY SQUARE
contestable version of this beautiful ballad
- NO NO NEVER Performed in English by Texas Lightning, this song was the German entry in the Eurovision Song Contest 2006. Has a fine rock/pop/country feel to it.
- OH! MY LOVE IS LIKE A RED, RED ROSE uses
the old melody and Robert Burns's classic lyrics
- ORANGE COLORED SKY this one is way fun;
good opener or closer
- PEG O' MY HEART everyone enjoys this
- POKARE KARE ANA beautiful Maori love song
- PPRECIOUS FRIENDS Folk legend Pete Seeger penned this uplifting song. Use this piece to honor a friend(s) or
simply to inpire your audiences. Arranged for chorus and soloist.
- ROSES BRING DREAMS OF YOU A solid but not
simplistic ballad, this gem is no longer exclusive to Power Play.
SECRET LOVE Arranged for the LABBS
organization, this lush tune works for men too.
- SHE BELIEVES IN ME uplifting pop/country
- SILHOUETTES (ON THE SHADE) rock'n'roll
classic that will take your audiences back
- SUGARTIME What could be sweeter than singing this McGuire Sisters' piece of confection? Your quartet or chorus will find out you definitely have not bitten off more than you can chew.
- TAKING A CHANCE ON LOVE No one doesn't love this happy, swingy tune. Your contest and show audiences are sure to enjoy hearing you sing it.
- THAT LOVELY WEEKEND Though this ballad was most popular in the UK, barbershoppers the world over will enjoy its sweet sentiment.
- THAT'S MY WEAKNESS NOW/THAT CERTAIN
PARTY Swing Street and SRO sing this energetic love
medley. Try this proven winner with your group.
- THEIR HEARTS WERE FULL OF SPRING a
beautiful song of lifelong love
- THEME FROM ICE CASTLES also called
"Through the Eyes of Love," very pretty
- THERE, I'VE SAID IT AGAIN That's right: I love you! And I just cannot hide it. Everyone will enjoy this catchy pop standard.
- THERE'S A LITTLE SPARK OF LOVE STILL BURNING
old-fashioned love ballad
- TILL WE MEET AGAIN this WW I ballad never
goes out of style
- TO KNOW HER (HIM) IS TO LOVE HER Emmylou
Harris revived this rock'n'roll hit
TOO MARVELOUS This clever love song
is just too marvelous not to sing--when it becomes generally available
after the Louisville international contest, that is.
- TOO YOUNG An ageless song of young love, this tune tells of the greater wisdom of the younger folks.
- TO WHERE YOU
ARE Exclusive to Power Play right now, this powerful love sung
has been recorded by Josh Groban. Haven't heard
of this young man with the mature voice? You will!
- TREAT ME NICE The King himself sang this cautionary song of love. Exclusive right now to the Musical Island Boys.
- TRY A LITTLE TENDERNESS this pop classic
speaks to all men in your audience - and the women too
- WEDDING BELLS ARE RINGING FOR SALLY sad
ballad of lost love
- WEDDING OF MR. AND MRS. SWING a Cab
Calloway tune that really swings, this witty song has something for everyone. Exclusive
right now to Sweden's Dalton Bros.
- WEDDING OF THE PAINTED DOLL very cute, in
German or English
- WEDDING SONG great for weddings, naturally
- WHAT IS THIS
THING CALLED LOVE Your audiences will surely be able to relate
to this classic, hip lament about love.
- WHEN I GET YOU ALONE TONIGHT fun song
about billing and cooing
- WHEN I GROW TOO OLD TO DREAM beautiful
Sigmund Romberg tempo ballad
- WHEN YOU AND I WERE YOUNG, MAGGIE strong
- WHEN YOUR OLD WEDDING RING WAS NEW/DEAR OLD SUE
square medley of love that has stood the test of time
- WHERE IS LOVE There are not many lovelier, more touching Broadway ballads than this. A bonus is that this song
is contestable. Sorry, though, it is not available till Brothers in Harmony have debuted it.
- WHERE THE BLUE ON THE NIGHT MEETS THE GOLD OF THE DAY
tempo ballad that really paints a picture
- WHEREVER THERE'S ME, THERE'S YOU You may not be familiar with this song, but it is way cheerful and appealing. Your group wants to sing this; you just don't know it yet.
- WHISPERING easy beat, contestable love
- WHO'S GONNA LOVE YOU WHEN I'M GONE? fun,
driving song of suspicion
- WHOLE NEW WORD
a #1 hit for Peabo Bryson and Regina Belle in 1993, this new tune
soars into the stratosphere to tell us of new love. So take a magic carpet
ride on this theme song from "Aladdin."
- WIND BENEATH MY WINGS, THE inspirational
Bette Midler hit about the man behind the woman, or vice versa
- WITH TWO WINGS marvelously energetic
8-parter about men and women working together, as sung by Friends
- YOU'VE GOT A FRIEND What's not to like about this Carole King classic? Great for honoring a special person or
delighting all of your audiences.
- YOU AND ME (WE WANTED IT ALL)
Written by Peter Allen and Carole Bayer Sager, this bittersweet tune tells of a love
so hot that it had to burn out.